Asda originated from a small butcher’s shop in West Yorkshire and is now the British part of the Wal-Mart group, America’s mega supermarket chain! According to Forbes 500, they are the world’s largest company with 6500 stores, 1.9 million employees, $351billion (around £175billion) turnover and over $11billion (around £5.5 billion) profit. These mind-blowing figures make other supermarkets look like a mere corner shop operation! But it’s good news for the UK shopper, as Asda has plenty of clout when it comes to getting the right product on the shelf at the best price.
In the UK, Asda is known as one of the big four (the others are Tesco, Sainsbury’s & Morrisons.) At the moment it has 340 stores, and is currently lying second in the UK’s supermarket league table.
Click for Asda's website's recipes.
Sign up for the Latest Trolley Tips Newsletter Today
Click the Go button to view all Asda products in our database:
Click the Asda button for today's best deals at your local store:
The advantages for Asda shoppers:
- They have some of the most friendly & helpful staff of all the supermarkets.
- They have a very obliging customer service desk.
- Asda’s prices may change daily to keep them in line with their competitors.
- Asda’s Own Branded products display easy to read nutritional and allergen labels.
- Asda accepts: cash, debit cards, credit cards & Asda Store card.
- The majority of stores don’t charge for trolleys.
- They have ever growing range of Organic and Fairtrade products.
- They have an ever expanding range of Free From products.
- Asda’s customer helpline: 0500 100 055 is quick and very helpful.
- They have online shopping at www.asda.com
Disadvantages for Asda shoppers:
- Shopping online is slow and some of the product info is out of date.
- Online shoppers pay their delivery day’s store price this could be more or less than the website price.
- Prices can alter daily and vary from store to store (prices on this site are the guideline ones that are on www.asda.com)
For your nearest Asda store & opening times: click here.
Head Office Address:
Great Wilson Street
LS 11 5AD
Customer Service Line:
0500 100 055